On December 12, 2022, Seattle Kids’s opened the doorways to Seattle Kids’s Magnuson, which can function the brand new hub for autism and behavioral well being care, outreach, coaching and analysis, with the intention to higher meet the wants of youth and households in our neighborhood.
“Seattle Kids’s is working to create a future the place each younger particular person has entry to evidence-based psychological and behavioral well being companies when and the place they want them,” mentioned Dr. Carol Rockhill, Medical Director, Baby and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinics, Seattle Kids’s. “Seattle Kids’s Magnuson is a big step in that path, offering extra remedy rooms and scientific areas, higher expertise, gathering areas for households and kids with psychological well being care wants, autism and extra.”
Key options and additions of the brand new area embrace:
- Intentional design – The area is specifically designed for youth with autism or behavioral well being wants — we’ll proceed to supply the high-quality, family-focused care Seattle Kids’s is thought for, whereas accelerating collaboration between the clinicians and researchers who’re working tirelessly to satisfy the rising want for autism and behavioral well being companies for youth and their households.
- Improved entry – At 45,000 sq. ft, this new website helps guarantee we’ve the mandatory area to supply the most effective, family-focused, state-of-the-art care for teenagers with autism or behavioral well being wants.
- Over time, we hope to have the ability to cut back the wait time for diagnostic evaluations – getting sufferers the assistance they want sooner, with the intention to change their trajectory for the higher.
- Extra space provides us better flexibility to develop the continuum of care, as a result of we can have the suitable areas for lessons, teams and IOPS, along with particular person remedy.
- With this new area, we anticipate to see a 25% improve within the variety of distinctive sufferers served over the subsequent 5 years.
- Elevated coaching capability – The brand new area consists of higher expertise for observing trainees and for conducting live-streamed coaching for neighborhood suppliers, and many others. This functionality can even help our objective of bettering entry as a result of individuals can then get the care they want of their neighborhood by a supplier we’ve skilled, fairness (care nearer to house is extra equitable), and patient-centered care (as a result of they’ll get what they want from a neighborhood supplier they already belief).
- Continued development of neighborhood partnerships – We hope this new area will function a gathering area for households and children with psychological well being care wants or autism. We see alternatives for creating neighborhood partnerships via lessons, help teams, the onsite useful resource library, play space and backyard. The brand new area is near the hospital campus and the Sand Level Studying Middle (SPLC), which can even enable suppliers to simply transfer between the 2 websites and leverage the extra capacities of SPLC for neighborhood practitioners, only a brief distance away.
For extra on Seattle Kids’s Magnuson and our autism and behavioral well being companies, please see the hyperlinks under.